WORK IN PROGRESS
- Enemies of the people (with Gerhard Toews)
- BA/Leverhulme Small Research Grant recipient
- Resource discoveries, FDI bonanzas, and local multipliers: Evidence from Mozambique (with Gerhard Toews)
- The imperial roots of global trade (with Gunes Gokmen and Wessel Vermeulen)
- FDI and the Skill Premium: Evidence from Emerging Economies (with Marcio Vargas Da Cruz, Gaurav Nayyar, and Gerhard Toews)
- Policy Research working paper WPS 8613; World Bank.
- Migrant Networks and Trade: The Vietnamese Boat People as a Natural Experiment (with Chris Parsons), Economic Journal (2018)
- There goes gravity: eBay and the death of distance (with Andreas Lendle, Marcelo Olarreaga, and Simon Schropp), Economic Journal (2016)
- The rise and fall of (Chinese) African apparel exports (with Lorenzo Rotunno and Zheng Wang), Journal of Development Economics (2013)
- Dutch Disease Resistance: Evidence from Indonesian Firms (with Jim Cust and Torfinn Harding), conditionally accepted, Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists
- Media: Inside Indonesia
- Ethnic Minorities and Trade: The Soviet Union as a Natural Experiment (with Gunes Gokmen and Elena Nickishina), The World Economy (2018)
- Media: FREE Policy Brief.
- Israel's open-secret trade (with Lorenzo Rotunno) (slides), Review of World Economics (2017)
- Production fragmentation, upstreamness and value added (with Tadashi Ito) (slides), Journal of the Japanese and International Economies (2016)
- The trade consequences of pricey oil (with David von Below), IMF Economic Review (2016)
- Internet technology and the extensive margin of trade: Evidence from eBay in emerging economies (with Andreas Lendle), Review of Development Economics (2015)
- Heckscher-Ohlin: Evidence from virtual value-added flows (with Tadashi Ito and Lorenzo Rotunno) (slides) , Review of International Economics (2016)
- Illegal trade in natural resources: Evidence from missing exports, International Economics (2015)
- Quota-hopping in-bond diversion (with Lorenzo Rotunno), Economic Inquiry (2014)
- Race-to-the-bottom tariff cutting, Review of International Economics (2014)
- Media: Trade Diversion
- Chinese networks and tariff evasion (with Lorenzo Rotunno), Extras available. The World Economy (2012)
- Media: VoxEU.org.
- How migrant networks facilitate trade: Evidence from Swiss exports, Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (2012)
- Media: "Les Diasporas Commerciales", Le Temps, 2 Feb 2009
- Wouldn't it be nice (to have a bit more inflation)? (obscure paper neither funny nor robust. I think it's robust though)
- Brexit will inevitably hurt UK exports, slowly but surely (LSE Brexit Blog and LSE Business Review) - picked up by the FT.
- Le Quebec doit être ouvert aux nouvelles technologies et connecté au reste du monde (Huffington Post)
- Selling shares of yourself
- Ranking economics departments
- Direct flights or cheaper options?
- Blog posts on smuggling
- Economic growth and the quality of music